Privacy & Confidentiality
Anyone has the right to lodge a complaint, have that complaint addressed in a timely manner and receive an accurate and thoughtful response. Every effort will be made to resolve your complaint in a respectful and satisfactory manner, and where appropriate keep you informed and your identity confidential.
After you lodge a complaint
- Your complaint will be acknowledged as soon as possible, ideally within 5 working days from the day you lodged it.
- You will receive a full response to your complaint giving the outcome (within applicable legislation, legal advice and code of practice requirements) as soon as possible. As a standard rule, this is within 30 working days from receipt.
- If the matter is more complex and a full response in 30 days is not possible, you will be notified of the likely timeframe for resolution.
- Your complaints will be treated respectfully, whether it is felt the complaint is justified or not.
- address the complaint in a way the organisation deems appropriate;
- respond to all concerns and complaints;
- delegate to an appropriate personnel to resolve your complaints;
- ensure the complaints handling process is effective, safe, responsive, fair, and confidential (subject to the organisation’s compliance with other legal obligations).
- will review and analyse complaint information to ensure continuous improvement.